Avalign Cutting Instruments has established itself as a leading manufacturer of high quality surgical drills and precision instruments in the medical device marketplace. While specializing in precision-machined cutting instruments for the orthopedics industry, we also provide support for the orthopedic device market with a particular focus on segments experiencing high growth and innovation. Our defining strengths are engineering support, cutting geometry design, product development support, and the overall cutting performance of the instruments we manufacture. We are currently looking for a Value Stream Manager for our Warsaw, Indiana facility. If you have the qualifications included below and would like to join a growing team in a fast-paced environment, then please apply in person or via email to email@example.com
The Value Stream Manager will be responsible for the planning, organizing, scheduling, directing and managing the manufacturing process in the assigned Value Stream. The focus will be to provide total customer satisfaction based on quality and delivery utilizing “Best in Class” manufacturing techniques. Supervise employees on all shifts in the assigned Value Stream, which includes safety, annual performance reviews, training, mentoring, disciplinary action, attendance, etc.
* Schedule and ensure product flow in the Value Stream that will enable the company to meet or exceed customer deadlines
* Provide oversight in machine set ups and running of machines in the assigned Value Stream
* Responsible for continuous improvement using LEAN concepts and the measurement and tracking of improvements
* Develop meaningful metrics tracking the performance of critical aspects of the department
* Responsible for the training, cross training and development of employees
* Responsible for the financial performance of the department and compliance to company policies and procedures
* Value Stream responsibility: assists with business forecasts; annual operating plan; goals establishment; financial modeling for capital expenditures and other special projects
* Strong experience with continuous improvement through LEAN concepts, Visual Management System, Kanban and cross training.
* Ability to analyze financial data.
* Must have strong experience in running a Manufacturing Department combined with strong leadership qualities
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.